Friday, September 24, 2010

Zip & Dash

Growing up in rural Upstate NY, I didn't have much fashion know-how. Lot's of LL Bean, JC Penny and Sears. Let's just say I believed ESPRIT was as good as it got. While I LOVED clothes and begged to have every trend imaginable, my scope was very limited. But like an angel from above, MTV sent me Cindy Crawford on House of Style. There I was in my pastel ESPRIT leggings and Mary Lou Retton style bowl cut sucked into her Glamourous (albeit monotone) world of super model friends and fashion designers. I had a front row seat and I was taking notes. But it wasn't unil her shopping trip to Sears with Duran Duran that my awaking happened. You can shop in the boys department! You can wear cut off mesh shirts! Ties are accessories not just for dads! THIS is style. It's what you make of the clothes and how you wear them that define you. Thank you Cindy.

No comments:

Post a Comment